dinsdag 10 januari 2012

Raptors part II

My other message about raptors ended at the Palawan crocodile farm. This one will start from there.

One of the birds they have, is a white bellied sea eagle. That is too injured to go back into the wild.

Even though it might not have the strength, as it should it have. It still looks as a powerfull bird.

The bird is injured at his wings so it can't fly anymore. Thanks to the crocodile farm, it still has an ok life.
For me it was still a hard picture to take, because his white belly reflected so much sun light.

The bird was too far away from me to use my flash, and I didn't brought any tripod with me.

But with some post processing I think I got the colors better.

I hope some time in the future I get the chance to re-take the picture.


Luckily I don't always have to go that far to see a raptor, or in this case an owl. This female forrest owl, was sitting in the park next to my house.

I was able to go back a few times to try for a better photo. Because it turned out, that the spot I was standing for this picture was right underneed her young ones.

So I was kinda lucky that she kept her claws to herself. It is one of the biggest owls we have here in Holland and also the most agressive species.

The Common Kestrel on the left, I spotted at Texel the biggest island in Holland. It was sitting on a sign, that tells you to not go further.

Behind the sign is a big breeding and resting area for birds. For this male it is also a hunting area, he has to share it with some Hen harriers.

He let me get close enough to take some decent shots, but he was aware and ready to fly away any moment. So after enough shots I walked away so he could stay at his overview point.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten